Other Family Law Issues? We Can Help.
Family law involves more than just divorce proceedings. At The Arquette Law Firm, PLLC, our attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation for all family law issues. No matter what type of situation you may find yourself in, we are here to help you assert your interests and achieve a successful resolution to your legal matter.
Beyond Divorce: Resolving All Family Legal Matters
Divorce proceedings can involve a number of areas of family law, such as child custody, child support and other parenting concerns. However, there are also other matters outside of divorce that may need to be addressed. Our lawyers handle a wide range of family law matters, including those involving:
- Adoption proceedings: There are numerous types of adoptions. Private placement adoptions include stepparent adoption and arrangements made between birth parents and adoptive parents. Agency adoptions are made through a private agency or a social services department, such as adopting a child in foster care. We can help ensure a smooth and orderly transition by guiding you through the adoption process one step at a time.
- Defense against CPS allegations: Anyone can file a complaint with Child Protective Services (CPS) alleging child abuse or neglect. CPS may open an investigation, and anything you say to a caseworker may be used against you, making it a very real possibility that your children will be removed from your custody. We can help defend you against CPS investigations, protecting your rights and interests at every turn.
- Domestic abuse and family offenses: Domestic violence is not confined to married couples. Domestic abuse can happen to anyone, of any age and gender, who are related by blood or are involved in an intimate relationship. If you or someone in your household is a victim of domestic violence, we can explore your legal options and pursue the help you need. Conversely, if you have been falsely accused of domestic abuse, we stand ready to defend your rights.
- Premarital agreements: Premarital (prenuptial) agreements are valuable tools for protecting your assets. These documents are not solely for the wealthy and entering into one does not mean that you have little faith that your marriage will last. Rather, they can serve as a type of insurance policy, providing you with a form of protection should your marriage ever come to an end.
- Name changes: Whether you have gone through a divorce and wish to revert back to your given name or if you wish to change your name for any other reason, we can help ensure your paperwork is in order and your request meets the requirements set forth by the state of New York.
Contact Us For Help With All Of Your Family Law Needs
We provide comprehensive, personalized family law representation. To schedule a consultation, call our offices in Clifton Park at 518-373-9300. You may also contact us online. We serve clients throughout the Capital District and beyond.